San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
SAN JUAN DE GAZTELUGATXE; AN UNFORGETTABLE VISIT!
Recommendations and advice to bear in mind when visiting Gaztelugatxe.
TO BEAR IN MIND:
- The walking route requires physical effort, the descent of the cliff until you reach the steps of the hermitage, the same staircase (241 steps), and the return of the same route. This walking tour takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- If you have heart-related health problems, respiratory insufficiency or reduced mobility, we do not recommend this walk.
or reduced mobility, we do not recommend this tour.
-Before starting the excursion, remember to apply sun cream and bring water to hydrate yourself.
- It is essential to wear footwear suitable for walking.
1. Tickets to visit San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
In high season, holidays and long weekends, it is compulsory to have a free ticket to visit Gaztelugatxe.
2. Buses to visit Gaztelugatxe with accompanying tour guide
(Easter, July and August)
On this visit, visitors will learn more about the identity of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe through the beliefs, rites and customs of the people of Bermeo, also visiting the hermitage, part and essence of San Juan de Bermeo in Gaztelugatxe.
At the same time, the environmental peculiarities of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe will be explained. We must all take care of this protected environment and this service aims to promote the experience of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe from an ecotourism perspective.